While there are valid concerns raised in this article about effectively policing neighbourhoods the underlying assumption that anti-social behaviour is a crime makes them all fairly useless. I’ve already posted my concerns about being criminalised if we make anti-social behaviour illegal, but I’ve since thought of some more ways I could be locked up.
- Repeatedly pressing the spring button on my pen while having a conversation with someone.
- Not accepting everyone’s friend request on Facebook.
- Standing up to make tea in the middle of a discussion over dinner.
- Frequently eating lunch at my desk on my own.
- Going to the cinema on my own.
- Not responding to text messages immediately.
- Forgetting to go to the toilet before church so immediately going right after the service and so not speaking to someone straight away.