The Oasis College in London (people who train youth workers) are looking for a lecturer in youth and community work. I’m printing out the full-text here because for some reason the advert is an image file.
OASIS COLLEGE LONDON
LECTURER in YOUTH & COMMUNITY WORK
Part-time (min 20 – max 32 hours/week)
Salary £27,367 – £31,233 per annum, pro rata to hours worked (inclusive of London Allowance)
Spine 23-28 of Higher Education pay scale
Oasis College is a higher education institution and part of the Oasis group of organisations. The College promotes informed and reflective practice in the field of work and ministry with children, young people, families and their communities. The College offers a range of higher education programmes including foundation courses, undergraduate and postgraduate awards validated by Staffordshire University; and supports research activity.
Oasis College seeks a Lecturer who will contribute to the teaching faculty in the specialist area of Youth and Community Work and act as Personal Tutor for students working towards JNC validated awards.
The successful applicant will:
· Hold a first degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. Youth and Community, Theology, Education, Sociology, Psychology, including a JNC recognised award.
· Hold, or be willing to work towards, a post-graduate qualification.
· Have proven experience of teaching/training others in the subject specialism
· Have proven fieldwork experience in youth and community work; and Christian ministry
· Have proven experience of managing staff and volunteers
· Have excellent relational/communication/IT skills
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 2nd July 2010
A cleared Enhanced CRB Disclosure/ISA Registration is required
There is a genuine occupational requirement for this post-holder to be an active Christian and support the ethos and values of Oasis